Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hi, my name is Josh. I am a Media Communications and Information major at Texas State Technical College. I work at the Dr Pepper Museum as a carbonic engineer (soda jerk). I recently started an internship at the museum as well. I have been working here for some time; I know the museum like the front and back of my hand, so it is hard to say what I like best about this place. If I had to pick it would be all the people I have meet over the years—many I have become close friends with.

As a part of my internship, I was ask to pick my favorite collection piece from the museum, photograph it and write about the piece I choose in a blog. I choose a collection of diet 7-Up bottles. Seven-Up is an interesting brand. I remember as a child when I was ill, my mother would give me some Seven-Up to make me feel better. Seven-Up is not exactly a prescribed drug for illness, but it sure tastes more enjoyable then other remedies. The bottles I choose are on the second floor of the museum in the new exhibit, “The Skinny on Diet Drinks.”

Here are some other pictures I’ve taken of the museum’s collection.

No comments: